What are Anti-vibration pads?
Anti-Vibration Pads are tools or devices used for vibration isolation of industrial machines. These devices are used for elastic mounting of machines, generators, pumps, electrical panels, compressors, and engines and many other such industrial machinery and equipment’s. The Anti-Vibration isolation pads help dampen the vibrations generated in the machine frame. These Anti-Vibration Pads are suitable for damping vibrations in machines weighing anywhere from 10 Kgs to 20,000 Kgs. On mounting the machines on these Anti-Vibration Pads, the vibrational movements are damped by the vibration damper pads. These vibration Pads for machines are designed to absorb vertical and horizontal vibrations coming from these machines.
Why are these vibration absorbing pads required and where are they used?
- Anti-Vibration rubber Pads are useful tools in vibration damping, especially in equipment’s like compressors, pumps, engines etc.
- Vibration Pads are also used in Centrifugal Machines to reduce vibrations.
- Anti-Vibration Pads greatly reduce vibrations generated from Pumps / engines.
- Vibration absorbing pads are also widely used in HVAC equipment’s for controlling vibrations
- Engine radiator is mounted on Anti-Vibration rubber cork pads for best performance and long-life.
- Industrial Exhaust systems produce high frequency vibration due to large gas exhausts. Hence they should be mounted on Anti-Vibration Pads for better damping of the machine.
- Air conditioning equipment’s are mounted on Anti-Vibration Pads to reduce vibrations and noise from entering building structures.
- For equipment’s like compressed Air/fluid transfer pipes that produces massive vibration are mounted on pipe hanger anti-vibration pads.
- Also, to isolate external vibrations, Testing Machines and equipment’s are installed on Anti-Vibration pads.
How to select the right Anti-vibration Pad for your machine?
- Identify the machines in your industry that require noise and vibration damping equipment’s. Depending on the application, select among the various High grade neoprene pads, Tico anti-vibration Pads, rubber cork pads and anti-vibration sheets that best suits the machine.
- Select the number of mounting locations required for the machine. The number of mounting locations is usually the number of machine feet or machine foundation bolts supplied along with the machine.
- Compute the total weight of the machine and calculate the static and dynamic weight of the machine at each mounting point. This helps in deciding the right anti-vibration pad for your application.
- Always look for any special parameters required for the Anti-Vibration Pads. For instance, the Anti-Vibration Pads can be specially designed for mobile applications, the Anti-Vibration Pads could be designed for resistance against exposure to weather and climatic conditions, the Anti-Vibration Pads can be made rigid or extra soft as per the application, the Anti-Vibration Pads can be manufactured for resistance against exposure to water, acid, oil or diesel flooding, the Anti-Vibration Pads can be designed for applications with stiff grouting and movement constraints.
- There are different type of anti-vibration pads available. So, depending on the whether the machine is on the ground or suspended floors, one can accordingly select the right anti-vibration pads to suit the application requirement.
- Specify the bolt-size or mounting requirements for the machine where the Anti-Vibration mounting Pads are to be used.