Seismic Control Spring Isolators are typically used in equipment’s that are operating at high frequency and subjected to noise and vibration isolation. Seismic mounts are widely installed in critical areas where industrial machines and equipment’s are
subjected to the high frequency and unpredictable external forces associated to earthquake. As the name suggests, seismic mounts are not just associated with unpredictable vibrational force, but rather seismic spring isolators are used for limiting the transmission of noise and vibration into the supporting structures adjacent to the supported mechanical equipment.
The seismic isolators high damping capability provides a sound free and safe environment. The working principle of these mounts are extremely simple. The motion caused during an earthquake which leads to displacement of structures and equipment is limited by these seismic mounts and further ensures that the equipment remains in position offering stability and safety. These seismic isolators are specifically designed by professional engineers based on calculated and anticipated forces. They then develop equipment’s for vibration isolation based on the requirement of that particular supporting machine and various other parameters.
Construction of seismic spring Isolators comprise of steel housing assembly that help in the reduction of both lateral and vertical movement of the supported equipment during an earthquake. Simultaneously this mount provides vibration isolation during normal operating conditions of the equipment, offering maximum stability. The restraining system in seismic mount is designed to withstand the force from any lateral or vertical direction. In addition to this, these equipment’s are easy to install and doesn’t require the supporting machine to be lifted or disturbed. Generally, seismic spring isolators are customized to the requirement of clients. Depending on the load and seismic code, an optional steel load spreader plate may also be applied to distribute the load across the concrete anchor. Some of the special features of seismic control spring isolators which makes it a suitable choice for any industrial or commercial application includes-
- Seismic control spring isolators are equipment’s that offer an all-directional restraint with vertical limit stops.
- They are engineered to meet all the requirements for HVAC application.
- The housing is well galvanized and powder coated for superior corrosion protection
- Can be easily bolted or welded in place.
- Springs are engineered to provide an additional 50% overload capacity.
- The housings also provide a constant free and operating height to facilitate installation.
- With the isolation of these isolators, equipment motion is limited in all directions, at the isolator