Anti-vibration pads are instruments that help reduce the noise that comes from an air condition unit. It also makes a good cushion for the vibrations that is created from the unit. Often, the rooftop-mounted air conditioners are the ones that create structural vibration and noise in a house or in a building. With the help of an anti vibration pad installed in the air condition, it can help reduce the transfer of vibration from the units to the walls floors & ceilings inside a structure. This sturdy cushion like pads fit directly under each of the four air conditioner feet for a quieter environment.
Follow the steps given below that guides you to dampen the sounds & vibration by installing anti-vibration pads under the air conditioner.
- Your first step is to turn off the circuit breaker at the main electrical panel & make sure that the power is cut off from the air condition. It is always safer to work around electrical appliances with the power off, to prevent any kind of accidental electrical shocks.
- Now, tilt the air conditioner slightly to the side & clean away any debris from under the lifted air conditioner feet with a rag or a hand brush. Dirt & debris makes a poor base for the anti-vibration pads causing the air conditioner to sit out on an uneven level.
- Now slowly place the anti vibration pads under each of the lifted foot of an air conditioner
- Check, whether the anti vibration pads that are placed, are in the right position & centered perfectly under the air condition.
- Turn on the power back on to the air conditioner& allow the system to work normally. Observe the air conditioner to see if the anti vibration pads are effective & restricts less vibration and noise.